Counselors-In-Training (CITs) gain valuable experience working with Environmental Educators and children. By assisting the staff, CITs develop skills to communicate effectively with different age groups while keeping young campers safe and entertained. CITs help to prepare, lead and clean up camp activities.
- The program is open to students aged 14 -18 years old (entering 9th-12th grade) who enjoy being outdoors and working with children.
- CIT’s must be available for
- All mandatory training days June 20-21 (1:00 - 4:00 pm).
- Training includes natural history, assisting with camp, and completing a leadership project.
- Minimum 2 week availability during the summer (tell us your availability; we schedule based on that). Additional weeks possible in summer and throughout the year.
- The CIT summer schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Earn community service credit.
- Bond with other teens
- Be a role model to the younger campers
- Space is limited.
I am interested in becoming a CIT at TNC. What do I do?
- Complete the Volunteer Interest Form Online and hit submit.
- Wait for our e-mails (please note that it may take up to two weeks for us to receive and review your application).
- After you have been accepted, you will receive a confirmation email which will include:
- Thank you for your interest.
Returning CITs need to only submit a letter of intent which includes the dates of at least two camp weeks they prefer.
- Wait for us to contact you once we've received your letter of intent.
After you have been accepted you will receive a confirmation email which will include:
3. Please complete and return all necessary forms before June 1.